Friday, December 6, 2019

So Long and Good Night

Many in our class chose to write their last posts about the class as a whole, so I decided to follow suit. From our ridiculous dramatic interpretations to nursery rhymes, to passionate debates about feminism in "The Princess Diaries," somehow I learned some great strategies for analyzing and contextualizing literature. Also, this is the first class in which I've actually UNDERSTOOD Shakespeare, so Dr. Reed deserves a gold star sticker for that one. While I am not a fan of the incestuous undertones of Hamlet, I now can at least appreciate it as a major work of literature.

When I first declared an English major, I didn't really have a gauge of what I was signing up for, but after this class, I feel confident in my decision and ability to grow in this field.

Since our class was so small, I really feel like I got to know all of you on a more personal level, and I really hope we find each other in the same classes in the future. Thanks for a great semester everyone!

Image result for goodbye gif

1 comment:

  1. Ashley all of your interpretations were fantastic. I also thought I would never understand Shakespeare, but I actually learned something about it. Thanks for a great semester to you as well.

    ReplyDelete